The NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center project site at 25 South Street will expand into Lincoln Street beginning Monday, July 23, 2018. The east half of Lincoln Street within the project site will be closed until further notice.
This will cause the following changes effective Monday, July 23, 2018:
• Lincoln Street will be closed on the east side of the project site.
• There will be no west bound traffic allowed on to Lincoln Street from South
Street. Rather traffic will be detoured around the block.
• The intersection at Lincoln Street and William Street remains marked with stop
signs at all 4 directions.
• The west side of Lincoln Street on the project site will be open for access to the
upper levels of the downtown parking garage only. All users of the upper levels
of the garage will need to enter and exit via William Street until further notice.
• The lower levels of the garage will remain open. To access the lower levels
users will use the William street exit, which will be converted to 2 way access
during this construction period.
• This traffic pattern will remain through the next few weeks. The upper levels of the garage will offer free parking while this construction is taking place
• Complete information on the project is online at AuburnNY.gov/welcomecenter
• Complete information on parking in downtown Auburn is online at
For more information please contact:
Charles Mason, City Clerk, City of Auburn, NY
Memorial City Hall, 24 South St. Auburn, NY 13021